Just Do It




Whenever I have a decision to make but do not know what to do I have to remind myself to just take action. I may not have all the answers or information at the moment but too often the delay will make things worst. I realize that taking immediate action may result in making taking the wrong choice but I found that the odds are more positive than negative. There are also times when doing nothing may be better. Therefore, before taking action and making the choice, it is important to look at a couple of things:

  1. What do I know about the different choices?
  2. What are the known risk with each choices?
  3. What would happen if I do not decide?

If the risk is high then more information or some delay is necessary. Talking to some friends may also help. In the end,  I will still need to make the decision. Once the decision is made and the action is taken, everything needs to be done to increase the chances of success, this includes:

  1. Follow through. If I start but take the action half heartedly the action is doomed to fail.
  2. Reduce the risk. Identify potential risks and take steps to mitigate the risks.
  3. Keep your eyes open. Yes, I have taken action and am fully committed to the choice, however, I need to continuously have checkpoints and see if changes are needed or evaluate the soundness of the decision.
  4. Keep the faith. Lack of confidence and experience makes it difficult to move but believing that I can will help.
  5. Failure is an option. Sometimes, the decision is not the right one so I should allow ourselves to fail and admit that the decision is wrong, I just need to make sure that I do not admit defeat too early. A lot of results need time and if I quit too early, then I will never see those results.

I still have to remind myself to take action. How about you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitbit Charge 3 vs Honor Band 5i

Fitbit just added Sleep Score to their app